You may be able to ask a question on Justice Connect Answers if:
- Your income is below $75,000 per year (plus $7,500 per dependant).
- You don’t already have a lawyer to help you with your legal problem.
- You are aged 18 years or over.
- Your legal question is related to one of the areas of law that our lawyers can help with.
We have an eligibility criteria because we only have a limited number of lawyers available to answer questions. As a charity, we prioritise helping people who need it most.
To find out if you are eligible, we will ask you about your question and your income details when you register to ask a question. You may be asked to confirm your eligibility annually.
What types of legal issues can we assist with?
We can help with certain issues related to:
- Housing and homelessness
- Financial issues
- Work and employment (for employees only, not employers)
- Personal rights and safety
- Reviewing Government decisions
What are we unable to assist with?
In order to comply with our professional obligations and ensure you get the right advice, we can’t help with any of the following types of matters:
- Commercial matters
- Criminal matters
- Migration matters
- Internal disputes of organisations
- Family matters
- Intervention orders
- Administration of not-for-profits
Other places to find legal help
Please visit our other places to find help page to find out about other Justice Connect services, self-help resources, other community legal centres, Legal Aid, government departments, and private lawyers.